This past Sunday, our church held a homecoming and special tribute for my grandpa. He turns 99 this Sunday. He's lived almost a century! Not only that, he was still driving himself to church a couple of months ago. A few weeks ago, he fell at the station. It's really gotten him down. Thank goodness he didn't break anything though and was able to attend church Sunday and even speak, and boy did he speak. We heard lots of stories. Then, Uncle Evan said a few words. Lastly, my brother, David spoke. His talk was wonderful and touched everyone. Speaking of everyone, we had almost 150 people there Sunday. It's been a long time since we had that many at church. I was so happy to be there with so many family and friends. It was awesome to have Pete's grandma and mom there too. I had the best weekend with my brothers' families too. David and his family came down on Saturday and spent the night. The kids played wonderfully and I enjoyed visiting with David and Ammie. Ammie and I stayed up until 1:30 going through pictures and talking. After church and potluck, we all went to the cemetary and took some flowers for Dad's grave. Then, we all went back to our house. They stayed until almost seven. Lucas had a blast with all his cousins. He didn't want them to leave, me either. The only thing that could have made the weekend any better was to have Christi, Lance, Rachel, and Eli with us. Christi had to stay home with some of the kids who were sick. That was a bummer, but I completely understood. This weekend was definitely one of the happiest moments of my life. Grandpa is definitely going to leave a legacy behind because I think the Mintons are awesome!
Spicy Peanut Stir Fry
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment